Why Won't This Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tase2

Solid State Member
I have comcast internet cable from wall to cable modem. From modem out to Linksys WRT54G. Then I installed a WMP54G in my PC.

I was told this would work. But I can't even go through the setup process. It tells me I have a cable disconnected. The reason I did this setup is because I moved the location of my PC and the cable wire won't reach the new location.

But if move the PC close enough and connect the ethernet from the WRT54G to the PC it works fine, but the PC needs to go to its new location.

Please let me know if I have the wrong equipment and what equipment I should get or how I can get this equipment to work? Please.

Thanks
Mark

You have the right equipment, please let me know if this works out cause I was gonna do the same thing.

I have one idea, when connected to the router through ethernet, did you dial into the router and change the settings to your liking?

Ok, if it says media discontected then the cable is unplugged. simple. Did you install your WMP54G wireless cards DRIVER into windows? goto my network places or what ever they call it then look for your ethernet adaptors, how many do you have? do you only have 1 wile you have 2 in your machine? Im thinking right now that your wireless isnt even setup or it isnt working. if you want the wireless to work get that working, of course it will say media dissconected if the wired nic doesnt have a cable in it. if you need help just post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom