When wireless connection drops I'm getting auto connected to another connection that

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
I connected to another unsecured wireless connection the other day on mistake. Since then I'm obviously on my network but the problem is whenever I drop connection it automatically tries to connect back to that network because it thinks it's a preferred network. Anyone know how to remove it from the "preferred network" list or whatever so it doesn't keep trying to connect to the other network? Thanks.

Re: When wireless connection drops I'm getting auto connected to another connection t

What OS

Re: When wireless connection drops I'm getting auto connected to another connection t

Windows XP

You'll have to go into your network settings and delete that network from your prefered network. Sorry i'm on my Vista machine right now so i can't tell you the exact steps, but...

Go to your network. Then right click your adapter and go to properties. Then go to IP or something to that effect and go to properties. At that point you'll have a list of preffered networks, click on the one in question and delete it.

Got it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom