What's up with my browsers...help!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maltb

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Ok, this is wierd....I can't access any webpages at all unless I set my connection settings with my ISP's proxy server, if I go into Firefox or Internet explorer and set it to "direct connection" I get webpage errors, I mainly use firefox though. If select using a proxy server (my ISP's) I can access webpages no problem.

I uninstalled firefox and installed a newer version, the same thing happened, my connectin is online, I can use msn messenger, ect....I just can't access any websites without having a proxy server selected, if it's selected as "direct connection" I can't access any webpages at all....my firewall is set up to allow firefox/internet explorer to access the websites, this just started happening last night, this is the error I keep getting with Firefox....

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom