Urgent Lan Prob!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

penline

Baseband Member
Hi guys

I have a problem with a 2 computer network i have just set up with a friend. It is all working fine i am conneted (im using his internet right now from the 2nd computer) but i am having trouble sending him files. how do i do it? it ould be very helpful if someone could give me step by step intsructions on how to do it

you are "having trouble sending him files"...
come on man.. give some more details... no one will help you like this.
what OS?
have you set up the IP addresses properly?
what error message?
etc. etc.

im afraid, your post is another one of those "no-details-but-help-anyway" posts.
give some more info...!!!

well
he at home has a dsl modem with 4 ports wich is connected to a phole line, i have a lan cable that has connecyed from my pc to his 2nd port in his modem we ran the network wizard in control panel on both pc's we can go into a game and play together but i dont know how to send his pc files
help me

assuming the modem is the DHCP server, responsible for assigning IP addresses to both machines, you are on the right track.
You will need to install File and printer sharing protocol on each machine if you havent already done so.
to cut a long story short; read
www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000469.htm

im assuming that both computers are already in a workgroup.

There could be a hundred different problems, answer these questions, and maybe we can narrow it down.
What is the exact error message you see?
Can you see the other computer in "View workgroup computers"?
XP Home of Pro?
Do you have this prob from both computers?
Have you set files to share?
Have you set a a network (that worked) with one of the computers before?
Do you use a firewall?
Have you formatted/changed your O/S before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom