two routers boost signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzypumpkins

Baseband Member
I just got fios installed in my house. It comes with the wireless router...which is setup downstairs. All my stuff...xbox, laptop, pc, psp, ps3 are all up stairs where the signal is weak. I have the old wireless router still. Can I set that up somehow so that I can get a better signal upstairs with all of my stuff?

There are 2 ways to connect wireless routers together. You can either run a cable between a LAN port on each router, or you can connect them in a bridged mode, which is through wireless, and then connect remote hosts with cables to the remote router. The thing is that you will STILL have a weak signal with this approach. I cannot say for sure if a router can BOTH be in bridged mode, AND connect to a host device wirelessly.

There are 2 ways to connect wireless routers together. You can either run a cable between a LAN port on each router, or you can connect them in a bridged mode, which is through wireless, and then connect remote hosts with cables to the remote router. The thing is that you will STILL have a weak signal with this approach. I cannot say for sure if a router can BOTH be in bridged mode, AND connect to a host device wirelessly.

I also think your best route would be to run a cat5 cable upstairs although it is not the funest thing it will work the best. A wireless bridge will be difficult and will most likely not work half of the time if you are already having a low wireless signal. You could also use a bridge as well but it would be wireless and might have a low signal hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom