Two networks, four routers, one ssid?

beoirsicnarf

Beta member
Ok, so here's my dilemma.

I have a home network with charter. On that network, I have two routers. One in the house, and one in the apartment above the barn. They are connected via cat 5e. My business next door has a charter business account, again, with two routers, connected via cat5e.

I would love it if I could have all four routers with the same ssid so I could stay connected to one network.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Lets try and get this a little clearer. Two locations, two differant ISP accounts, each location has a master modum/router from the ISP, NOW you also have one more router in the system? Why? You only need one router.

Being as how these are two differant networks, even if you had all the same ssids you will be changing networks.

Now, you wish to tie both systems together?

First off, depending on how all this is wired, you are getting at least four differant IP address groups because of all the routers.

Each system should be: ISP modum>switch(depends on number of devices)>devices.

Each device gets an IP address from the ISP modum.

Now, two tie both networks together, you need every thing on the same network and IP addressing.

how far between the barn and the business?

I would turn off one ISP and then setup one master system, either run a either cable between locations or a 5g rf link and then just use a single modum/router with 1gigbit switch's.

I interconnect systems all the time using rf links and they work great.

You can put a link up for +/-$200.00

Turning off one of the accounts isn't an option.
What I was thinking was this: business router with dhcp, then turn the remaining three routers into access points. Turn dhcp off on those three, assign static ip addresses to those three, and use the same ssid and password for all four. Change the channels for all four, and hopefully that would work.
I'm just not sure if that would work with the two different accounts.

I just don't want to do all that work just to find out that it'd be a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom