Turn Off Wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
I was wondering how could i disable my wireless feature on my Westell VersaLink Model 327w modem? I dont want anyone else free loading my internet connection so i wanna turn the wireless connection off. Can anyone tell me how on this one?

After you log into the configuration settings, there should be an option to disable the wireless... Do you have the product manual handy?

It's modem/built-in wireless router? In the settings on your "router", the GUI web page in a browser, if you type in whatever it's IP address is, say 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, which most are normally configured with, you should be at least able to turn off SSID broadcasting so no one can see the signal unless they already knew it was there and connect too it OR possibly turn off wifi entirely. I don't know about the second option, but SSID broadcasting should be attainable to turn off and that would probably take care of it, or just enable filters to block anything except which is already connected currently or that you know will be connected at some point in the future.

How would i be able to turn off the SSID broadcasting? I also dont have a manual for my modem, it didn't came with one for some reason.

i tried everything even that site didnt help, i really want this off because i hate other people leaching off of me.

*EDIT*

I found the manual online, thank god ;) thanks for all the help everyone, i love this forum =)

glad you found the solution.

with wireless , hook up wired to the router. turn off SSID broadcast. change the default password (cause the default one is easy to find on google and people can hack in)
and setup a security key

you want to be hooked up wired cause when you reboot the router , it will disconnect wireless for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom