TIVO to go and the other way around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Here is what I want to do and what I have.

Tivo series 2 unit
Wireless modem (qwest 2wire, other companies use the same one as well)
The computer I want to talk to the Tivo has a wireless card

I was talking to a Tivo rep and he said the following, I need either a ethernet cable or a Tivo wireless adapter (no problem there), BUT... he said I cannot directly link the Tivo to my computer, I have to link it to the wireless modem. Um, it's a MODEM, not a router or a hub, how the heck is it supposed to communicate with the computer? My computer can't communicate with the main computer, how will the Tivo get around this nonesense?

Maybe my thinking is scewed a bit, but I see a modem as this (even if it IS wireless), the modem is a gateway between the internet and a computer, but not a gateway between two computers. And I do not see the complication of the Tivo connecting directly to my PC, well, okay, I don't think my wireless card can accept two signals at once, so I might have to drop my internet for the few minutes I'm transferring between the Tivo and the PC.

One last question, and I can delete this if asked, is it legal to convert and burn shows to DVD for personal use, and NOT share them. I pay for cable, and I pay for Tivo, why not get to keep some of the programming on disc instead forever held on my harddrive? I have no idea, and I don't really expect an answer on this part, but I would still like to know the proper way to hook up the Tivo to my computer.

Thanks in advance guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom