Testing an Access Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heres the issues. I work for a company with wireless access already installed. Im testing 1) a wireless AP and 2) a wireless router.

With the existing wireless connections, im having trouble testing out my wireless hub and router because im connecting to the existing wireless router.

Soo,

Im trying to figure out with my hub and router are opperational.
Can anyone figure out a good solution?

Are you using Windows on the laptop or computer that you want to test with?

Assuming so, remove any and all connections within the wireless utility that you use to connect.

Are you using a laptop? If so, is the wireless card built in?

Once, you remove the connection that you are currently on (make sure that you know all of the vaiables to get back on later :) ) then you can use the wireless connection to scan for other connection that are available. Some may not be broadcasting....I really don't know how your company has them setup. But, you certainly start with a broadcast/broadcast range test.

Yes, im using a Laptop to test out the connectivity of my wireless hub and router. Prob is, theres an existing wireless connection...

Danks said:
Prob is, theres an existing wireless connection...

Right, so you'll have to go into whatever wireless connecting utility you are using and remove the wireless connection that is in use already. Before you do that though, are you going to want to get back on the current wireless connection that you are using if the others aren't working as intended? If so, do you know the specifics in order to get back on?

Also, are you just testing the others to see if they are working? Or do you actually want to get them to work eventually?

You may want to get the wireless router and wireless AP ready. By ready I mean, find out what the Local IPs are, any user/pass information, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom