Temporary Loss of Internet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faranim

Beta member
Hi all, here is my problem.

I am on a college campus and connect to the internet using an Ethernet card. My connection works perfectly fine, but every so often (once an hour or so) my internet suddenly stops working for 20-30 seconds and then comes back again. This is highly annoying when I am browsing the web or playing an online game since I get disconnected.

I contacted tech support here at the university and they said it was most likely a problem with my computer and/or network card and not a problem from their end. Do you know what might be causing this to occur?

From what I have observed, during this internet loss my network card still sends packets out, it simply does not receive / recognize any incoming packets.

For example, if I am playing a game and the problem occurs, I can still issue commands to my characters in the game and they are executed properly, but I do not see anything happen until after I begin receiving packets again. Once my internet comes back, everything "catches up" as if all the packets that were sent to me were suddenly received all at once.

Thanks for your time.

Would you be able to quickly explain how I can trace the packets from my computer? Is there a Windows Utility or Free Software I can use?

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom