system detects network but will not connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickmick

Beta member
i have instaled a netgear dg384g router. this was instaled using the set up disk on my laptop. the other computer picked up the wireless network and loged on ok. But this one will detect the network but when i try to connect the systen comes up with a message that it cannot detect the wireless connection. If i connect through cable all is ok.:confused:

Not to step on your toes, but it's a laptop, right? Is the wireless enabled on the laptop? Most of them have an on/off switch somewhere on the unit, whether it's a key on the keyboard or a setting on the side of the laptop.

Mine in particular is in the front, next to an SD card reader.

Are you using Vista? I have a D-Link router at my house, and have many a friend bring a laptop, and have had a Wii, and other things on the wireless without issue... the FIRST Vista laptop that came over, took about 20 minutes, and 20 attempts to connect to the network.... it just up and deceided to connect after a while of telling me it couldn't connect, even though the password was correct (63 character WPA2 password), and full signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom