Stufu Verizon Software!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
Laptop dont detect wireless router

i have a westell versalink model 327w dsl router, it has wireless and hardwire functionallity, i have my desktop hardwired and i want my laptop wireless, my laptop has a ethernet card (xircom)...my dsl works on my laptop hardwired, but my network card dont detect the dsl router.....what do i do?

theres no switch on the router.........where do i find the settings?

i want to connect the laptop STRAIGHT to the router without being networked with my desktop

Ok..start with this. In Windows go to the START menu>RUN>CMD and push ok. It will bring you to a command prompt. Type in the command IPCONFIG and push enter.

Take note of the default gateway. Open an IE window and type the default gateway IP address into the address bar it will do one of two things. It will either bring you to the configuration page with a default password already applied or prompt you to enter logon info. I think the last time I worked on a Verizon DSL router the default was user name:blank and password:admin. If not try these other default based comobos.

User:admin
pass:admin

User:admin
password:blank

User:blank
password:password

This will allow you to access the router and configure its wifi settings. Be sure the mode it is set to operate in is compatible with your wifi card. I.E. if it is set to operate in G mode only and your card is a B it wont work needs to be B and G mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom