Sprint Broadband Network Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey I am not too familiar with their service or Verizon's service but I would like to know what it entails. If I have a laptop with a built in WLAN card do I not need the special little Merlin Network Card attachment. I just do not understand the concept of the Sprint Broadband service so basically I just want to know if I own a notebook with WLAN built in do i not need to bother with their card or what?

WLAN pretty much allows you to access wireless local area networks. Such as if you have your internet provided by a DSL or cable provider.

You connect a wireless router to the connection, then you can use your WLAN card within a radius of (theoretically) 150 feet. Most notebooks come with an 802.11g wireless card. Though some are starting to use 802.11n.

Now, verizon's service (from what I understand) utilises a pcmcia card that you can add to the notebook, allowing you to connect to a broadband connection anywhere.

Sort of like a cellphone for your computer, that gives you dsl capabilities. You're not always connected, as you would be in a WLAN environment, but it's very good if you do a lot of traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom