Slow internet

NeroW

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I live with my parents home and every second week my brother comes to here and use the internet all day, most of the time when they're here I lag a lot, and they don't. 1 Of my brothers sit between me and the kitchen and plays games like Roblox, tf2 and that stuff and my other brother watches youtube on his ipad most of the time. When they're not here the internet works fine, I can get up to 50 down and 10 up (mbps) but when they're here I get like 8 up and 2 down. Sometimes it works fine, even if they're both on the internet, even though this is a bit rare. I know there's a lot of people who play games like me (Leauge of legends is pretty much the only game I play) with a internet conection worse than this, and that's why I find it kind of weird why my ping is fine for a moment and then I get random lag spikes up to 3000 ping, slowly back down again and up to 300, it's playable but a really big disadvantage and have lost me many games.

But like now for example, when only my youngest brother is here who watches youtube on his iPad I'm having a lot of trouble, he'll also be here for 6 weeks straight now too..

Anyways my router is a Hitron technologies CVE-30360 and my internet card is an D-Link DWA-160 Wireless.

Oh also I forgot to say ethernal cable is not a option because it would be really hard to set up because there's a lot of stuff in the way and I don't want to pay a whole lot of money, but I'd do everything to be able to play whenever I want to.

And here's a result I just took: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3866571597

Last edited:
Firstly, I'd make sure your drivers are up to date from the manufacturer's site.

Yeah I tried that before I had some problems with it before, I'll try again and reply as soon as im done.

Ok it worked this time, guess I picked the wrong version but anyways, it's still slow.

You could try logging into the router and seeing if it has any QoS options so that you can set priority service to your system.

Edit: I couldn't post a link I guess of a screenshot, anyways google cve 30360 manual and go to the first link and page 76 and read what it says, no I do not have QoS, I've checked every catogory and read the manual and talked with people and everything.

Back
Top Bottom