Simultaneous dynamic & static IP address in WinMe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macker

Beta member
Anybody could help with my question?

I am running a DSL modem & router and one WinXP PC is connected to the no. 1 LAN switch. I connected my Win Me laptop to no.2 LAN switch, but cannot connect to the Internet etc.

I believe the reason for this is, that my TCP/IP in WinMe is set up for the DSL system I am using in my office, which requires a static IP address. I am aware, that most likeley I have to change TCP/IP settings to "Obtain dynamic IP address".

Is there any way around this? I do not want to change everyday the settings manually and I am looking for anything, software etc. which automates the procedure.

If you set the ME computer to obtain automaticly there will be another tab that says alternate configuration(or something like this) you can then put in your static info this way you dont have to put them in everytime just choose the correct one depending on where you are

Problem Solved !

If anybody is interested, I found a program which does allow switching of different network settings under Win 9X, ME, without going through the rigmarole of re-typing the whole lot:

http://www.netswitcher.com

The program takes system snapshots of each individual settings and saves each under a different name. One simply selects the name and applies, then reboot. That's about it - dead easy.

Program has a very userfriendly interface. Practically no input is required apart from saving the settings, which of course have to be carried out initially in - Control Panel/Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom