Sharing Bandwith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big B

Beta member
i am sharing my internet connection with my next door neighbor. he has cable dsl and both of us pay half for each months service. he has wireless network in his house and so do i.. my problem is i get very low signal strength and sometimes no signal. is there any way that can be improved ??

You can always put an accesspoint in your house to help strengthen the signal there. If you are still having trouble, try to position both access points where they have a clear line of site (by a window or something) this will make a significant difference in your signal integrity.

Another thing you can do is get a directional antenna for each AP (Access Point) and just point them at each other!

Big B said:
i am sharing my internet connection with my next door neighbor. he has cable dsl and both of us pay half for each months service. he has wireless network in his house and so do i.. my problem is i get very low signal strength and sometimes no signal. is there any way that can be improved ??

you need an antenna, are you using a card with a pigtail hole? if not, your going to have to buy one. from there you can connect a bunch or different antennas. if you have little $$$, you could make your own ghetto cantenna here. or just purchase one over here, you can also make a real effective one out of a satellite dish. ;)

Re: Re: Sharing Bandwith

chrönik04 said:
you need an antenna, are you using a card with a pigtail hole? if not, your going to have to buy one. from there you can connect a bunch or different antennas. if you have little $$$, you could make your own ghetto cantenna here. or just purchase one over here, you can also make a real effective one out of a satellite dish. ;)

Thanks for posting those links, I lost my favorites when I reformatted my drive (I always forget to save those).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom