setting password to wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
does anyone know how to set a password for a wireless router. Like a password to use it/get to the properties because this kid who lives next door to me keeps using my wireless and shutting it off thru the properties. My router is a Netgear Travel Router model:wgr101.

well go into your router and change the password. If you dont know how to do that, read your instruction manual. I wish I could tell you more detailed info, but i am really tired and my hands hurt..

But anyways I would change my SSID to : EATsh*tF*G

that will give him the hint.

Find your routers IP Address (in your manual) and them access it through your web browser, it's probably something like 192.168.100.1.

Go through the menus/tabs and find the settings for security and set a password.

yea but since this is a travel router is didnt come with a manual it just came with a yellow sheet with like warranty info and a folded up peice of paper to showing how to set it up which is kinda dumb since theres only 1 ethernet port and an ac adapter port in the back even a retard would be able to figure that out.

NewCents05 said:
yea but since this is a travel router is didnt come with a manual it just came with a yellow sheet with like warranty info and a folded up peice of paper to showing how to set it up which is kinda dumb since theres only 1 ethernet port and an ac adapter port in the back even a retard would be able to figure that out.

If you have the model number of the router, you can surely find the manual online.

Ok try this....

Goto

START> RUN> Type in cmd, hit enter> Type in ipconfig.

Look for the default gateway, now take that IP and go to your web browser. Enter that IP in the address bar, and go to it.
It will prompt you for a password.

Type in admin for the user, and admin for the password. If that does not work you need to do a hard reset, probably because the prick next door changed it. now after getting into the router, look for anything that says password in it. After you find it, you should be able to specify a password.

Also if you want to keep that little puke out of your network, you should enable MAC filtering.

To find your MAC address go to start> run> type in cmd> type in ipconfig /all

it should be listed as physical address. Take those 12 digit addresses and put them on the filtering list. But you need to have all of the MAC addresses to all of the computers on your network, if you dont, they wont be able to access the network at all..
Now your next door neighbor will get mad, when he tries to get into your network, he cant. Next time you see him, give him the middle finger and laugh...... And be like whats up now b!tch.

yes thanks i found the ip and the password was password on the bottom of the router. and in there it set up the mac address filtering with the mac address connected at that moment which is good so i can also see when someone is trying to connect to my router. that was what i wanted thanks a bunch

Well you cant see who connects if you have MAC filtering, but it prevents him from connecting at all.

That noob will be puzzled when he sees that your network is not WEP'd but he still cannot get in, at all.

Yeah, I know that. I was talking about that MAC filtering was to keep people out, not just a list of intruders and went into your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom