Seting up a linux based firewall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
So I decided it was time for me to try and set up a linux based firewall. I have an old computer with plenty of network cards installed. So for the past few days I tried to install the firewall but with no luck. I tried to do so with clarck connect 5.0. I could not set up any computers on the LAN for some reason. Although there seemed there was a connection from the WAN side with out the LAN of course there was no point.

After that I tried with the new ebox that just came out and the network card that had the wan cable said the link was up but I could not reach the internet any way. At least on ebox I had the fluxbox interface and so it was less of a burden.

I personally like pfSense, but IPCop is also really well built
The main reason I like pfSense is the of the integrated OpenVPN and the way it runs on VMs. We are migrating more and more servers these days to VMs and to have a VM that runs a software FWall that can be cloned, rebooted, imaged, or set back in a manner of 60 seconds is so awesome.

My points to pfsense too. But I like more and more Mikrotik based systems, it's not free but is a really good and reliable solution!

Regards!

I tried a whole bunch of things yesterday. I reinstalled ebox, ipcop, clrack connect,...I kept restarting the modem...I mean every thing and nothing worked. So I found another solution that works just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom