running my pc to my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdude

Baseband Member
hi , I have a wireless router for my tv that also for my braodband - Im with talk talk in the UK,

so my pc is already connected to my TV , but im not sure how to get my pc on my TV

basically how do I connect my pc to my tv , whilst already havig the router setup - ?

or how to connect pc to tv with my settop box

alll help welcome cheers : )

The easiest and most common way of being able to view your pc on your tv (ie use your TV as a monitor for your computer), is not using a router or a network (it can be done very is very complicated and often needs special software and hardware).

You would normally connect your computer to your TV using a VGA, DVI or HDMI cable. Most flat screen televisions will have one, all or multiples of these types of connections on the back. Most computers will have at least a VGA or a DVI output on their graphics card as well.

But there are lots of poeple who do it wirelessly now - there is a way i will find it :neutral:

I was asking cos actually it very common - look Home Wireless: The Clutter Problem: Home Wireless Video Streaming | eHow.com

Own the Airwaves - Streaming Video Wirelessly - Pump Up Your Home Network | PCMag.com

Computer networking: wireless networks (wifi), routers, repeaters & more - CNET Reviews

most people use routers now - thus my pc and tv are already connected - my question remains valid and unanswered - how do you use your existing router - to stream video to your TV - preferably through the set top box

Ta

my question remains valid and unanswered - how do you use your existing router - to stream video to your TV - preferably through the set top box

Ta

I see where the confusion is now! You started the thread and asked how to connect your PC to your TV and now you talk about streaming video which are two completely different things!

I can help with connecting your PC to your TV but I'm afraid I have never streamed anything before. Now you've mentioned streaming video perhaps someone will now be able to help you.

:)

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Use your TV has your computer monitor?

Stream media (movies, photos, music, ect.) from your PC to your TV?

Either way, you will have to get additional hardware and or software to do this. Your router will not be able to do this most likely, so you'll need new hardware. Either a PC or media extender. If you're looking for a wireless setup the following link will show you something that would work great. (A cheap option, and wouldn't give the best option ever.)

AITech ProA/V Media Extender - Wireless audio / video delivery system

I would personally suggest something like :

Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys Media Center Extender: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom