Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbubble

Baseband Member
um..i have the feeling that my neighbor is taking my internet, cause my internet lately sucks ass, so I was wondering how do i shut off the wireless signal emitting from my router?

By unplugging the power cord. What router is it?

More information Please, it could be that there is radio interference around you or a portable phone that operates on same frequency as your router does.

Your router probably has some security features such as WEP and WPA
. By enabling either one of these will prevent your neighbors from stealing your internet connection. WPA is the better choice if security is very important to you. Once securiyt is enable , a password(Key) is required before accessing the wireless network.

Or you can just look for all the connections that are currently connected to your network. If your neighbor is using it, then just setup a WEP key, and if they manage to crack that, then just setup a WPA so they won't be able to gain accress to it.

grab a tool like that angry IP scanner. make sure theres only the amount of replies as there are network devices in your home (inc. print servers and routers). If there are more replies than devices you probably have some wardriving neighbours, also most routers just simply have a page where you can view devices that are conencted. Either way should work equally good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom