router configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumya

Baseband Member
hi people,
Please help me configure my router. Recently one of my friends got a router for me as a gift, but I am not able to configure it. Can suggestions or guidance will be a great help.
router company : Netgear

thanking you
saumya

What's the model?

You should reset the router back to factory default, there should be a reset button on the router some where on the back or so. After you reset it, just plug a computer using a straight through cable and make sure your computer is set to obtain an IP address, follow this guide http://www.more.net/technical/win/dhcp.html

Plug the router into your broadband modem if Cable internet it should automatically work, if DSL you might need to set up the DSL account on the router.

I agree with Law, but at the same time there might be some issues with some of the programs that he/she might be running if you could, provide us with more information on the router. You say that it is a Netgear, but you didnt provide us with the model version. What i am saying is there might be programs that you are running that might require you to open ports that the programs that your are running need to access, and in factory default mode of the router, most if not all of the ports are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom