Random Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
Every few nights i get a dropped connection, anywhere from 5 mins to 2 hours, then i give up and in the morning it's all working again. I have tried to do a rolling restart on my router/modem setup, but it never seems to work. My set up is as follows. Cable modem->Modem-> 50ft cat5 Cable->myPC. All the other pc's hooked up to this network don't seem to have this problem, and i am at a loss, any suggestions?

Have you tried to uninstall your lan drivers and reinstall the newest drivers? what motherboard do you have? if you are not using onboard lan what pci lan card are you using? what os?

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L, i will look for an updated driver.

Nope driver is the latest one they have, i wonder if it is my cat5 cable being a 50 footer, isn't there signal issues the longer or a cable you have?

100 meters or 300 feet is where you run into problems. So you have another cable to check to see if yours is bad?

Since it is only your computer it could be bad cable, bad port on router or bad lan card (or onboard lan). cable and port are easy checks. Lastly you can install another pci ethernet card.

btw let me translate binary 10 = 2 in case you did not know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom