Question about Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundgarden

In Runtime
This computer's outlook was set to a person, lets say John. When I came created a new account in Outlook with POP/SMTP and everything worked fine. However when I send emails "john" still comes up as the sender (Even though my name is in the email).

My coworker suggested that this is due to the fact that I am logging on as John on the computer itself and outlook just uses that user name in all emails.

Is that true? If not can someone help!

Yes that is the case. We are currently using outlook 2007. When a user logs onto a pc, any pc, that user gets their email.

Hmm wait just reread your post. Are you using a microsoft exchange server for your outlook accounts or is this a private email set up through outlook? Microsoft exchange server at my work looks at login profile and loads thge email for that user.

Yea I was using an exchange server.

I just created a POP/SMTP account and set that as the default. Now all emails are sent using my name.

So I suppose to use the exchange server, I need to contact network admin to create an account for me.

Also, whats the real difference between using POP/SMTP and Exchange server? Anything wrong with just using POP/SMTP?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom