Proxy Server HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cneuy3

Beta member
Hello,

I'm currently living in a country that regulates the internet. I'm a member of www.theproxyconnection.com but I'm having problems setting up the connection.

I use internet explorer and changes it under the LAN setting on the internet options.

It is a squid caching-proxy server with a log in. After I changed that I log in and my google homepage makes it looks like I'm in Canada(where the proxy server is located), but I can still not access the blocked sites.

I able to access the blocked sites through one of theproxyconnections.com that is an encrypted web proxy. The problem with this proxy server is it doesn't support JAVA script and many of the sites I access make use of JAVA script.

Anyway, ...does anyone have any suggestions on why my proxy server is still not allowing me access to the blocked sites? I got it to work in this country on an unsecured network but the place I'm staying at now has WEP key protection...Does that change anything in my setup??

thanks for any suggestions.

WEP is used for wireless connection on a wireless LAN for data encryption, it has nothing to do with the proxy server you use.

If you used an encrypted tunneling and the block site works, I would assume your ISP has something to do with filtering on port 80 or watching out for you on most common proxy port 8080, 8000.

No body knows for sure why you can't access certain site on particular proxy server, that's for you to find out if the ISP is one step ahead of you.

Try using paid services like WebTunnel Primedius, it creates a secure tunneling to the Primedius server on port 443 using SSL. This should get bypass ISP that filter on port 80 or do packet analyzing.

http://www.primedius.com/PrivateAnonymousSurfingProducts.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom