Product Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdearejr

Beta member
Where I work we ran into a problem with a wireless linksys router. We recently replaced an old copy machine that was used as a printer, which was on a class C subnet, and installed a new copy machine/scanner/printer combo and gave it the same IP except with a class B subnet since we are in the process of converting our network to class B. We have a guy who comes in once or twice a month from out of town and he connects to our network through that wireless router which is connected to a switch. Since the linksys router we have is only capable of giving Class C subnets we are unable to set him up to the new printer due to different subnets. He doesn't have a office or anything he just sets up on a conference table nowhere near another printer or ethernet connection. My question is what type of hardware should I purchase that will allow me to configure the subnet so I can give him access to the printer? An access point or router? I've been doing some research but just can't seem to find that type of information in product descriptions. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom