problem with wireless print server - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default problem with wireless print server

I have a 2wire DSL router connected to a windows xp PC via ethernet. The laptops have wireless cards and I have another PC with a USB wireless adapter - all of the PC's connect to the network just fine and I'm able to share files or the laser printer which is connected to the main PC.

I bought an Epson inkjet printer that I don't want to connect to any of the PC's directly so I bought an Iogear one port wireless print server - model GPSR01U. I use the PC with the wireless adapter since it can see the wireless network (the main PC connects via ethernet and can't see any wireless options). I can connect and configure the print server while it is in diagnostic mode, but as soon as I switch the print server back to normal, infrastructure mode, it cannot be seen on the network.

I've seen another post implying that I need to actually have a wireless router as opposed to the 2wire router I'm using (provided by phone company), but maybe it's something easier.

Please help! Iogear has tried, but no success and 2wire says only 2wire equipment will work with its router.

Thanks!