Problem Networking a specific LAN Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landis_Grayhem

Beta member
Guys please help I'm new on this forum ... my problem is I cannot play this GAME [Red Alert:Yuri's Revenge] in a Network [LAN based] but other games [e.g Warcraft III, Generals] can play on Lan... i've modified my Network properties [to 192.168.0.1 ~ 192.168.0.3] and still there is no response under networking whatsoeve in the said game [when I click on NETWORK(on YURI's REVENGE)] it returns back to the menu...

another question... I can't also put internet access on the other PC's even I use WINGATE...

here are the specs of my PC:

AMD Sempron +2200
ECS Motherboard LVTA2 w/ built in LAN and sound card
Generic 256 DDR PC400
20GB hardisk
INNO 3D Ge Force 4 128MB 64bit

Guys thanks in advance for the replies

by the way sorry if this is almost an off topic but I think this is not because the question about is mostly in Networking...

Thanks and MORE POWER!!! ^_^

See if you can ping the other machines by machine name if not see what your node type is,also are you using a router?What kind of Internet connection?

If it is anything like red alert they you will have to install IPX protocol.

go to your network settings > properties > install > protocol > add > the one with IPX in it > have disk > chuck in your windows CD and you are away.

I never went any further than that so as for the actual game settings i cant help you but it should be workable from there.

What are you after with your internet access? How many PCs do you have and how are you connected to the internet at the moment?

Neoextreme: I am using a Dial up conection.. I don't know what is a "node" [sorry too noobish] but i can ping them using the ip add.. I don't have any routers but I have a HUB only D-LINK 8-port switch.. and the 1st computer only is using the internet... the other 2 does'nt use it eventhough it is connected in it

fitzjj: I am in dial up connection... I'm after is that all [the 3 PC's] would have internet access [sharing internet in one modem] I have only a HUB [DLINK 8port switch]... do I need to use a Sftware called WINGATE or do you have any alternative software or alternative solutions to conclude my problem....?

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES... I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! ^_^

like fitzjj said, make sure that you have the IPX/SPX protocal installed. what sort of operating system are you using windoes 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, or XP?

are all the computers in the same workgroup?

i know how to install this in Windows 2000, but i'm not sure in windows XP, i think there the same.

to install the IPX/SPX protocol:

Right Click MY NETWORK PLACES (could be NETWORK AND DIAL UP CONNECTIONS for XP) => Right Click LOCAL AREA CONNECTION => scroll down to PROPERTIES => in the diolouge box click INSTALL... => double-click PROTOCOL => click IPX/SPX and click ADD.

that could solve it. chances are that this game only uses IPX/SPX for LAN connections. other games often use IP connections. thats could be why you have never experienced this problem. and like i said, the instructions above are for Windows 2000. i think its different for XP but i'm not sure.

Switch[FX]: yeah it work... but how bout In the Internet...? I want to share my Internet connection [DIAL - UP] to my 2 remaining PCs... do you think I need a software for this [e.g WINGATE]?

and could you guys give me alternative things to share my Internet connection in my 2 remaining P.Cs

Thanks again aheheheh ^_^

well assuming all computers are hooked to the hub and IP addresses set properly, you can use Windows's Internet Connection Sharing to share your dial-up connection, But you will need to leave the machine with the dial-up modem on for the others to have access to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom