Port Forwarding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
I was following a guide, and I have a question.

Before it said to forward the ports.

It said to uncheck this

Remove the checkmark from the Block Anonymous Internet Requests checkbox.

Why would I want to do that?

Because to run a server (only purpose to forward a port), you will have unsolicited people connecting to your computer. Anonymous Internet Requests probably means a "good-list" in which you have to add every persons IP manually.

Because to run a server (only purpose to forward a port), you will have unsolicited people connecting to your computer. Anonymous Internet Requests probably means a "good-list" in which you have to add every persons IP manually.

So, this doesnt mak it easier for people to try and connect to my itnernet?

Also its pretty safe to uncheck then?

(only purpose to forward a port)

Huh?

there a millions reasons, bittorrents being the main one.

I solve an email problem with gmail last year. lot of people were having problems with gmail and the pop3 clients. I had the problem here for over a year.

a search by google by me turn up hundreds of people with this problem. I noticed that everybody that had the problem the same thing in common. they had multiple accounts of gmail and a router.

so I tried something. I forwarded gmail ports in my router. now everybody's router already have port 25 and 110 forwarded automatically. those are the port most email programs use. gmail ports (465 and 995) was different. port forwarding worked

I inform them of this and this fix and people now no longer have this issue. Google never gave me credit though. they just thanked me. I wanted a job.

Wrong, wrong. Whatever, listen. The only reason to POSSIBLY forward a port is to run a server. You can still connect to things, but they can't connect to you. If they connect directly to you, you are a server.

Sorry if I come off harsh but I am drunk.

Wrong, wrong. Whatever, listen. The only reason to POSSIBLY forward a port is to run a server. You can still connect to things, but they can't connect to you. If they connect directly to you, you are a server.

Sorry if I come off harsh but I am drunk.

and a noob if you think that the only reason to forward a port is to run a server. why do alls router could with certain ports already forwarded then?

do you care to explain this page since I'm such a newb?

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

it's a page explaining what program do you need to forward what port on a dlink wireless n router. on the original page it has most of the commercial routers.

according to your basic explanation, then every computer out there is server. no. they have server like capabilities, but they aren't servers. get it straight

a guy's computer isn't a server just because he forwarded a port for his bittorrent client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom