Please help, getting my ip address back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. I set up my Linksys WRT54G v5 router a few months ago and everything worked ok, but I had to reformat my other computer the one that I have the modem on, I installed the router back on the same way that I installed it before, that was my first time installing a router, so I install it throug the dns one, not the other one where you put your ip address on, because I don't know how to get my ip address. Now it only worked for a few hours and then I can't go online, windows says that there is conflict with two ip address, how can I reinstall it again with my ip address and how do I get my ip address? Oh! I just remember that I put my ip address, the one from my network connections after I cound't get it with the dns it was 192.168.1.100 and my (gateway) 255.255.255.1 I guess. I think this is wrong right?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Elperra

All you have to do was leave the TCP/IP setting to "Obtain an IP and DNS automatically".

Connect the router's WAN port to the modem Ethernet port. Plug the computer in the LAN port. Right click on the computer's network connection and select repair.

Law said:
All you have to do was leave the TCP/IP setting to "Obtain an IP and DNS automatically".

Connect the router's WAN port to the modem Ethernet port. Plug the computer in the LAN port. Right click on the computer's network connection and select repair.

Thanks you Law. I will try that.

Go to start--->run and type in "cmd"

then type "ipconfig /all"
and it should list all you the address
including IP and DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom