Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

missx555

Beta member
I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this issue. I know it is something simple. Let me try and explain. I work in my bosses home office and she has an office right outside her Condo (she is the manager). She has a network with three computers mine, hers, and the receptionist. Well when the computer I have gave up on us, she promptly replaced it. We were waiting for the network guys to show when I started playing around and figured that I could access their computers upfront, so then I had networked them somehow. But the problem is that they cant access mine. Actually she would prefer that only hers can access mine, not the receptionist. Can anyone tell me what to do in order to accomplish that? All your help will greatly be appreciated.

I dont know. lol How do I find out. I am not really that dumb, I just need to sharpen my networking skills.

Right click on 'my computer'>'properties'. Click on the "network identification' tab. It will tell you your computer name and the workgroup you belong to. See if the workgroup is different on any of the computers. You might also have to open up the IP addresses of any computers that you want to see (or to see you) in your firewall--if you are using one. Also, which operating system are you using?

Ok I right clicked on my computer-properties, and the only tabs are the general, and shortcut. I do not see a network identification tab. We are using XP Pro SP2. Thanks

The tab is called "Computer Name"

Make sure you are right clicking on the My Computer icon and selecting properties (without any sort of security software running). Ut will open Device Manager and you should have about 5 tabs to choose from...

You are just seeing the properties of the shortcut instead of your computer properties. Click 'Start'>right click on 'My Computer'. The 'computer name' tag or 'network ident' tag should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom