People trying to connect to my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

miger

Beta member
Recently I went to a public wireless hotspot and used my laptop. I have Zone Alarm and it blocked several people from trying to connect to my computer. When I came back home, the same people were trying to connect to my computer. I was wondering if there was any way to stop them from trying to connect. I also wanted to know if they were trying to connect to my laptop using my IP address and if there was any way to change this. Thank you.

Well we need more details, zonealarm is uber sensitive when it comes to this thing, it blocks normal traffic activity.

Post more details about what zonealarm told you, IP adresses ect.

Chances are some of those "people" are not people at all. They are either services running on your computer or at worst case trojans but I doubt that. BTW, what OS?

I use Win XP Pro for my OS. It's not programs on my comp trying to send information out. When someone tries to connect, the pop-up is different and it is in a red box and Zone Alarm says its high priority and that the connection was blocked.

Here is the information that Zone Alarm gave in the logs:
Source IP: 69.20.1.77(UDP Port 12208), Source DNS: netvmg1.iad1.rackspace.net
Source IP: 80.131.110.196(TCP Port 3096), Source DNS: p50836EC4.dip.t-dialin.net
Source IP: 202.63.170.9(UDP Port 20999), Source DNS: 202-63-170-9.exatt.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom