omg please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpme08

Solid State Member
ok im stealin wireless internet access for some adjacent person. ok?
and now im downloading music on bittorrent and other clients, but there is always an error where the ports i use are not available or somethin and then my downloads go to 0kb per second anyone know how to "open" up a port?

I am new here and I'd thought I would start out contributing instead of asking. So here is a little passage a wrote about configuring Windows Firewall, nothing special.

Open up command prompt.

If you don't have access to command prompt open up notepad and type in "command.com" (minus the quotes). Now click File > Save As and then type in batch.bat (Save it to your desktop) Now double click on batch.bat that is on your desktop and it should open up command prompt.

Now what you want to do is get Administrative privelages. So type in:
at (2 minutes before you are going to run the command) /interactive "cmd.exe"

So lets say its 6:35 PM, Type in this command.

at 6:37PM /interactive "cmd.exe"

This command will open up command prompt at 6:37 PM with Admin privelages.

Now for the actual command of configuring the firewall:

netsh firewall add portopening TCP <port number> <name of entry>

Obviously you substitute the port number and the name of entry to your own specifications.

This command is telling your firewall to except connections on the port you specify.

NOTE: This is only configuring the Windows Firewall. If your target computer is running another software firewall you have to be able to turn it off or this program will block the connection. Also, most routers have built in firewalls, so connect diretly to the internet with no router.

Other links about netsh:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/netsh.mspx?mfr=true
http://www.xmission.com/~comphope/netsh.htm

End.

helpme08 said:
and lets not judge either im just asking for help

Foostaple simply formulated an opinion off of your initial post. He clearly stated that he didn't "think" that you were going to get much help. He can judge all he wants if you give him enough evidence.

You are asking us, in a roundabout way, to guide you and, hence, enable you to open up a port that could possibly not belong to you. You were given instructions on how to do so within your own operating system's environment. From there on...sorry, but you have to go elsewhere for help. We will NOT publicly post instructions on how to perform these actions. You already mentioned that you are not using your own internet connection.

We appreciate your honestly, however we can no longer help you here.

A) What portion of my post didn't make the most sense to you?
I'm not being a "hardass", simply protecting the integrity of the forums. Some forums will talk all day long about these topics....others won't. We happen to fall into the latter category.

B) Sequence of recent events: You ask for assistance, I tell you why we can't help you with the details of your situation on a public post, you mock me, and then ask for help again.

Normally, I wouldn't grant you the saftisfaction with a response. However tonight, you are in luck, I'm feeling fruitfull!

Tomorrow, while you are walking to your next class at Sweet Valley High, talk to one of your interweb buddies. Or perhaps try another forum, as I stated above.

Sleep tight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom