no permission to access local shared folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here was the setup that worked for me.

4712231996_b04da085d0_b.jpg

If it is on the local machine you can always just browse to the folder location but I know the need to make it work.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I just check enabling simple file sharing just in case again. But it did not work either.
This win xp pro trouble is driving me mad.
I am quite frustated with this win xp pro failure. I would be really grateful if anybody could connect to my machine to see if they see what apparently is making this fail.
Any other idea?
Thanks

Let me try my other rig vs a VM to double check but that should work just fine.

I bet that should work just fine.
I tell you because, indeed I got it working for half an hour or so yesterday. After half an hour, it stopped working giving this failure. For the time being, I cannot think of the thing that might have changed preventing me from getting access to the shared folder by browsing \\computername\sharedfoldername locally.
Open to any other ideas.
Thanks

Yeah it worked just fine. What happens when you look at the computer via my network places?

does the computer show? Do the shares show? Can you access the shares from other networked computers?

Yeah it worked just fine. What happens when you look at the computer via my network places?

does the computer show? Do the shares show? Can you access the shares from other networked computers?

Again thanks a lot for all the advice.

Ok, here is the story. I am telling you this problem because firstly I had a shared folder which could be accessed from other computers in the LAN. Suddenly, the other computers stopped being able to access this folder even though they were showed the folder when browsing \\computername\sharedfolder.
Then I decided to check whether this problem happened as well in the local host of the shared folder. Indeed I saw that browsing \\computername\sharedfolder at the local host also gave and still gives the same result. That is why I decided writing you.

As for your questions:
"does the computer show? " YES
"Do the shares show? " YES
"Can you access the shares from other networked computers?" NO
From other networked computers I get the same error.
It says something about me not having permissions for this network resource. And something about not enough storage in the server to run this command.

Any other idea?
Thanks a lot

Turn off your firewall to test if that is the problem.
Check event viewer for errors.

Did you restart the computer after the registry change?

FIRST

Posted after noticing last post. Considered as SPAM.
Never run regular Norton Antivirus,

Go with Symantec Endpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom