no driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester6565

In Runtime
ok this relates to my last post. I installed the linksys wireless adapter software. When I plug in the wireless adapter it says found new hardware, it then searches for the driver and cant find it. Under my device manager insted of it being under network adapter it has a yellow question mark under unknown devices. So it seems it cant recognize the adapter. I click to update drivers etc. Yet it still wont work any ideas?

Is the CD in when you're doin this? Update driver and point it at the CD it should work then.

unfortunately i do and it says it cant find it, tech support was no help, any other ideas, has anyone had this issue?

The method that Bruce described is exactly correct. When you are "clicking to update drivers", I get the impression that you are in the SOFTWARE that you installed....

Go to the control panel, and click on ADD NEW HARDWARE. Your un-recognised card SHOULD come up there. When it asks you if you want to SEARCH or SECIFY the location of the drivers, choose SPECIFY drivers. THEN, make sure that the CD that came with the card is in the optical drive. Un-select the hard drive from specified locations, and check ONLY the optical drive. If that still doesn't work, just go to the manufacture's website and download the approiate drivers, and try installing them that way.

ok now i have my wireless network installed, is there a way to connect to it without the linksys software it doesnt seem to work with the software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom