Networking a Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cikrum

Baseband Member
Hello,
I have three computers on my network and have one printer I share with these computers. Two of the computers use Windows XP and the other is dual booting Ubuntu Linux and XP home. The printer is networked on the dual booting machine and all other computers can see it when that computer is on windows. However if it is on linux the other computers do not recognize the linux sharing (good job windows). I was wondering if there was a way to directly connect the printer to my router other than a printer sever? Is there a certain type of printer which I need?
Thanks alot
Cikrum

if you have a nic card on it yes. use the printer cd to do the network install. if I manually install my oki data c5100, I lose my internet connection

my printer has wireless networking built right into it, so you might consider one of those. I think your best bet is to just move the printer to another computer if you can.

A network printer works best on a router. then it's a true network printer. you don't need another machine on to print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom