Networking error of doom, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldthesage

Baseband Member
I am trying to set up a network between two computers running windows XP professional (both) I am using a NETGEAR 4 port EN104tp Ethernet Hub, with internet supplied through qwest and a actiontec GT701 modem, with the modem going into the hub, then to the computers.

The problem I keep having is i Get an error message whenever I try to access the workgroup that says:

"Qwest (the workgroup name) is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

How do I fix it?

EDIT: Okay I no longer get that error on both computers, I get it on one of them (the older one) when I try to access the workgroup, and on the other I can see both computers in the workgroup but when I try to access the older one I get:

"\\Older is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found."

Already did all that

EDIT: However does the fact that one of the computers was already part of a network (3 or 4 times I think)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom