Networking to another building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhayz

Beta member
Hi guys, 1st post on here ever. I would like to add two computers to my existing network but the computers are in another building. There is no chance of doing it wired and wireless would not work either because of some rather large machines causing problems. The two computers in the other building are not currently networked or even have internet access. I can't seem to find anything on here to answer this? How and what would I need to do this?

Any help would be great?

What is the distance? We need more info about the situation.

If you cannot wire it (You should though), you can use point to point connection's such as microwave. However this will be very expensive.

Your other option is a VPN if the 2 computers can get internet access.

The distance is not far but there is another building in between and there is a lot of interference from machinery which makes it difficult to do wireless to a computer even 20feet away!

I could get internet access to the other building if needed? so I think the vpn method would poss work? Is there a thread on how to do this at all?

Thanks for your reply :)

If there are any roads, train tracks, or rivers, etc. etc. (right of way) that the connection would have to cross, you cannot wire it... Only the telephone companies have the ability to put cable across right of way's. There are other methods of wireless that could be used to connect the other PC's, but best bang for the buck would be a secondary internet connecction.

Get Internet Connectivity to the other building... Utilize a Free VPN software like : SSL Explorer for the server software... You don't need a client software for the SSL explorer.

Easy and done in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom