Networking 2 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyheygrl

Beta member
Ok i have learned very quickly when all else fails ask the experts lol ;) im nit inexperienced when it comes to computers and usually can figure out whats wrong but not this time lol

heres the problem im using windows 98 se and am trying to network to computers together using only the crossover cable i can see on both computers in network neighborhood and from main computer i can access the others files ect but when the other computer is trying to access this computer is says
"the server //(whatever) could not be found" then when properties come up click tools the only one that i can click is admin and it says something about remote access

In the network settings from the 98 box there is a setting that changes it from family logon to something else. I cant remember the exact names of the choices in the menu and I dont have a 98 box to check. I hope this helps.

i got it fixed i had to setup a password for remote access but now i have another problem cant get it to share internet connection acts like it wants to connect then nuthin

when computer boots up it gives mac adress then say soething lik ip address not reeived from dhcp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom