Network USB adapter uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Okay so this is what is going down. My TV, Xbox360 and PS3 are in a different room then my PC. I am thinking of getting a BlitzBox B1 or HD for capturing game play footage. USB max cord length as I have read stands at about 15' correct? My printer is on the other side of the room and I am stretching a cord across the wall currently and I am not going to lie, its ugly. I already have a network cable going into the other room.

What if I hooked my switch up, connected a USB Network Hub (Belkin : Network USB Hub) up. THe BlitzBox connects via USB to the computer, So I would hook the blitzbox to the network hub and then I would play my games on my big screen, and capture in the other room on my gaming rig. (Home server isn't working or able to capture and I don't want to use my netbook. or build another computer).

So text diagram time. Modem>Wireless Router>(1)PC (2)Switch>USB Network Hub>(1)Printer and (2)BlitzBox

Would it work?

BlitzBox B1
BlitzBox HD
Belkin Network USB Hub

It might but I really don't think it will. The routers firmware allows it to deal with components it can recognize. It can recognize a printer but it doesn't know what kind of printer it is, so it sends a signal to your PC that says I found a printer do you want to set it up. And your router can probably deal with a web camera and a flash drive but I'm not sure about a BlitzBox.

It is to my understanding though that the BlitzBox just feeds video signal to a computer through USB. Can that video signal not be transferred from USB to Cat5?

Does the BlitzBox come with a Driver CD?

Here are the devices the Belkin Network USB Hub will support
Belkin said:
Share up to 5 devices: multi-function printers, media readers, digital cameras and scanner on your network

Back up and access data from networked attached storage (NAS) devices

Play music from an MP3 player connected to a USB dock (using USB speakers)

The industry's first reliable print server: Network USB Hub makes your computer think that printers and other devices on the network are directly attached to the computer.

Works with existing wireless network— wireless router NOT included

Personally I don't think it'd work. The drivers for the BlitzBox were never designed to work though an ethernet connection, so I have my doubts that the PC would be able to detect the box over the network.

I am trying to think of every way possible to do this without buying the Blitzbox air or moving my computer.. I highly doubt my netbook is able to capture it and my server pc is nearly the same specs.

Pity you live so far away from me :p I built a wireless USB extender a little while ago. Would've worked **** good for what you want.
Meh, if you haven't found anything else in a month or so I can send it over

kk. I wrote the driver in a weird variant of C I learned in college, hope you know how to compile onto a PIC :D

Pretty simple stuff. All I did was get two transceivers and write my own specification for communication between them. Then a PIC on either end handles encoding/decoding to USB spec.
The only problem is the tranceivers cost a pretty penny :p gotta be **** fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom