Network Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philo

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm having this weird problem with my network.
I have a my PC (win XP) connected to a Router, which is connected to a cable modem.
Now, every once in a while my connection is lost, the Local area connection gets stuck, i mean i loose the connection, go down to Network connections to check it, try repair and it simply gets stuck in repairing, i have left it for hours and had to just reset. I tried going to System properties, Device manager, to Disable it, but the computer gets stuck. Tried Uninstalling and reinstalling and still. Then i disabled the card, connected a USB wireless adapter connected to the router and it was cool for a while but i lost connection again. same thing, everything concerning network gets stuck. I'm thinking of Re-installing windows, but i wanted to know, what could be causing this.

And i know its not my router, since i tried it directly to the cable modem and same thing. It could be the network card, but the wireless adapter proved it wasn't. Must be my Network controllers, but i don't know how to mess with those.

Go into the command prompt, type 'ipconfig'
Get your current IP from there, go to properties on your network connection, and manually configure your IP address to whatever your IP was when you typed ipconfig.

It's not like i loose the connection as in "Local are connection disconnected" or "Limited or no connectivity" if i look at status it still has my IP address in there, it just doesnt connect, i tried pinging and it shows timed out.

I know what you mean, my dad had the same problem. Just try what I said, and it should resolve the problem.
And after you've reconfigured the ip, reset your router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom