Network crapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so both machines are getting IP addresses? Please verify this and post them. Both machines.

Also Please post the configuration of your router. What your internal DHCP settings are.

If you need help in doing this, please say so.

yha, not overly sure what u mean, its set as a DCHP Server between .100 and .199

The addresses are laptop .100 and desktop .101

if this isnt what u mean, tell me how, i'm pretty good at gettin it.

Old topic....... Still around even after new router.

So got a new Linksys wrt54g and still i cannot setup my network. All computers have internet just fine, but cannot see or access each other still.

the ipconfig off the laptop shows:

ip 192.168.1.100
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
dchp serv 192.168.1.1
dns serv 24.153.22.67
The desktops same but ip address is 192.168.1.101

the router says:

Login Type: Automatic Configuration - DHCP
IP Address: 69.196.XXX.XXX
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.128
Default Gateway: 69.196.xxx.xxx
DNS 1: 24.153.22.67
DNS 2: 24.153.23.66

I've searched this forum and others with no avale. I really need some help

Thanks

It SOUNDS like your issue is a Winders sharing type issue. Ensure that the shares are set up properly on each machine... Even try dis-abling and re-enabling the shares.

Not an IP issue at all from the sounds of the symptoms

I've done that, infact i've even uninstalled and reinstalled the fiile shareing.

It actually sorta work... was able to see the desktop but couldn't see the files.

But the desktop couldn't see the laptop. Tried a new workgroup and lost it all.

This is just crazy........ I've noticed more people are having this issue lately. IT SHOULDN"T BE THIS HARD................. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

New development: Changed the workgroup and now the laptop can see the desktop, but can't view the files. Still can't ping my desktop, or use the remote assistant part of MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom