Network Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamlyle

Beta member
Alright, I've tried researching this problem and I've gone through 100s of websites and suggestions with no luck. Maybe I'll find some help here. I'm probably posting this in the wrong area, but this is the only forum section I saw with a problem section.

So here's what's up. When I am directly next to my router I have perfectly fine connection. This stands true to every other network/access point I've ever been connected to. When I am say, on the other side of my small house, my connection disappears. This as well stands true to every location I've ever been to with wireless. The interesting thing is that my computer tells me that I'm connected to a network, and I have great connection. That is obviously a huge lie. The only way to get my connection back up is to literally turn my wireless off, and turn it back on. I have to repeat that process about 5 times, then the connection will stay there for about 2 webpages until I have to do it again. I've updated all of my drivers, and this is a relatively new computer. I've concluded that It's not any networks problem, it's my hardware. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

If I could get any kind of advice that would be amazing. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

What every other network/AP? How far are you away from the router/AP every time?

Could simply be your wireless card that is bad, doesn't have a really good wireless strength. I had to replace mine on my Dell Vostro 1500.

Well, a public network for example. At a school, hospital, etc. Or even another home network. I would agree and say that my wireless card has bad strength, but I can't imagine it having THAT bad of strength. For example on a home network I will just simply walk into the next room and I'll have these problems.

electric interference can do it. Anything electrical between you and the router can affect it's performance somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom