Network cable unplugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandit390

Solid State Member
I have a Linksys WRT54GS router providing service to two computers and consoles. But starting yesterday I started having problems with one computer, just says "network cable unplugged (all other connections work),

The cable is plugged in on both sides, drivers for the built in ethernet are installed, tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling them and I get the same issues.

EDIT: I took port 1 on the router (service to my working comp.) and port 2 (service on the comp that is not working) and swapped them. I got the same issue, so it cant be the port on the router.

But I then took the cable that was supplying service to the computer that did not working and plugged it into the ethernet port on my computer (the one thats working) and got the same error "network cable unplugged"

So it has to be the cable.....The cable runs under my trailer, its not cut in half.....how can the cable be the issue and are there ways to salvage the cable?

Thanks for any help
Jon

Is it expose to the outdoor? Over time the cable will deteriorate or it could be sources of interference. It's simply just get a new cable, if you need better protection, but STP instead of UTP. STP is a little more expensive, STP also need to be grounded properly. You need to install your cables to protect it from interferences and outdoor element like cold, heat, water, etc, UTP and STP are a lighting hazard when outdoor. UTP is more susceptible to EMI and RFI while STP tries to minimize that, if improperly grounded can act like an antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom