Need help, seriously bugging me

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1k23

Solid State Member
I have a D-Link DI-624 Wireless router (yep, it sucks, and if it was my choice I would of got wired) and this problem is bugging the **** out of me.

A couple of days ago I was on the setup screen and I decided to go through this setup wizard which they had, all it really did was change the SSID and stuff. Since then the internet has not worked on the pc with the router (which is the pc I did this wizard through) yet all other pc's have worked on the network (I am infact using one of them to make this thread), I have changed all the settings back to default and even pressed the reset button on the router however it still doesn't work. I have also disconnected everything and made sure they were connected properly.

I seriously don't know anything about networks although I believe the router says that everything is connected? - http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9421/network9hc.jpg

Answer ASAP if possible.

Thanks

Can you provide us with more info as to how this PC connects to the router? Wired, wireless?
Have the NIC card drivers been updated?
If using a cable, do you see any status lights on that port of the router when it is on, have you tried a different cable?
Made sure any internal cards are properly seated on the motherboard?

When this computer is 'connected' to the router, can you perform the following:

START > RUN > type 'CMD' enter > type 'IPCONFIG /ALL' enter

Take the results, and post them here

It really shouldn't matter what PC you did this through as long as they are all connected to the router. Did you use a crossever cable or are you connected to the console port of the router with that PC?

Does it not have any wired ports at all?

also try RUN-> CMD-> IPCONFIG /RENEW

on the PC that doesn't work on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom