Need Help Optimizing Connection in My House

brendanwoolbert

Beta member
Hey guys, I need some advice on optimizing my connection in my house. I currently am using an Xfinity Arris TG862 modem/router for my internet connection and it is just not cutting it. The only reason why I am using this particular router/modem is because Comcast/Xfinity supplied it for me.

I used to use a Scientific Atlanta 2100 modem (also supplied by Comcast) and a Linksys EA3500 router.

So what my question is what would be the best setup for my house? We have a ton of computers connected to the internet and also my Playstation 4 barely gets any internet. So, using all of my hardware (the xfinity arris, the scientific atlanta modem and the linksys router) how can I get the best internet connection possible? I did try buying a range extender but it sucked and didn't do much. I was thinking something along the lines of putting the xfinity router into bridge mode and somehow setting up and internet connection with that but I need some guidance because I don't completely understand how to do that.

Thanks for any help,

Brendan

I think people will need to know what internet MB package you have and do a speedtest Wifi and LAN to see the real results for DL/ UL, because if your connection speeds are slow not much will change so might have to upgrade your package first.

Last edited:
the xfinity arris, the scientific atlanta modem and the linksys router
you should only be using one modem unless your paying for two internet services, and you can't bridge a comcast modem....just the linksys router

Back
Top Bottom