NEED HELP! Internet all of a sudden slowwww.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettj94

Beta member
OK, to start out, in my house we have 1 laptop running off wireless, 2 desktops running off wireless, 1 xbox 360 running off wireless and 1 desktop connected hardwired to the modem/router. I have a PK5000 wirless router and modem combined. For 2 months now its been running smooth, while i play xbox. Last night all I was having is 1 bar (1of4), which never happens. I tried reseting router and nothing helped. Another weird thing is my NAT type is usually moderate, and last night it changed by its self to open, and now its causing me to lag. Also, while this lag was occuring, no computers were being used for the internet. Please help this is very important.

Have you tried moving the Access point closer to the xbox?

What lies between the Wireless access point and the xbox? (Anything electronic can interfere especially microwaves and Fridges, also lead paint or steal support beams)

One possible solution is to access the WAP and increase the signal strength. (you need the manual for this, for IP access and password)

In my opinion having it a foot away is too close. For an analogy, a well lit page in a book is easy to read but move the light source too close and it starts to blind you. However I don't think that would be the cause of your issue. Have you confirmed that your connection has not been shaped by the ISP and tried rebooting the modem/router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom