Nat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_ben

In Runtime
Hi, i have a computer thats internet comes through a router to a second and into my computer. one is the router shaw gave me (my internet provider) the second is a linksys wireless router that i use for multiple computer access. I think i have disabled the firewall in it and i have kaspersky 6 internet security with a firewall and disabling it doesn't fix the problem. I don't know how to forward ports but i fixed it once the shaw guy told me some code to type in the command prompt and it fixed it right away. Can someone help me ASAP

thank you

Try disabling NAT on the 2nd router and letting the first router handle the port forwarding.

if this does not reslove your issue please post the Make, Model # and Revision (if applicable) for Both Routers

also, is there a reason that you are not using the 2nd Wireless router as your Primary router?

Are you POSITIVE the device the ISP gave you is a router, and not a broadband modem? If it is infact a router, then the Linksys router should have DHCP disabled, and also, the Shaw router should connect to the Linksys through a LAN port, NOT the WAN port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom