Nasty Big Ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
It happened last night, and it happened again tonight. I am getting really big ping.

wireless:

wired (working properly again):

wireless (working properly again):

Yeah, my wired sucks. It only dls at like 50kbps, and I can't stream anything decently on it. It is because I am using powerline adapters. They're supposed to be able to transfer at like 200mbps, but they don't. On my last computer when I had the software installed, it said they were transferring at over 100 mbps, but they were doing like 50kbps on the dls. Anyway, I have to use it still for gaming because my wireless is very unstable and often drops the connection for like a second or two while I'm gaming, and it gets very annoying. I guess I just must have a crappy wireless card in this pc because nothing else on wireless in my house has this problem. My ps3 is in the same room, and it doesn't have this crap. The other computers with wireless are on the same floor as this one too, and they don't have problems. I wonder if it is because they have linksys wireless cards like my router, and my internal card in this is edimax, and they aren't liking each other.

Anyway, my question is, is this just my ISP being flaky, or do I have something to worry about? I kinda remember this ping problem happening in the past when I used to game on my old computer, but I don't remember it happening in quite a while.

yeah...at first guess I'd say it's your isp. When it next happens try pinging your router, see what kind of speeds you get.
If it's still fast then yeah your ISP is to blame, however if you get a nice slow ping, then you're gonna have to look a little closer at your network...

I'd suggest pinging the router while you're still getting fast pings from speedtest too, just so you've got something to compare your next ping tests to when everything slows down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom