My IP will not change..

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRACKSNACKS

Solid State Member
I have a NETGEAR CG814wg v2 router hooked up to my pc. I have a laptop that has wireless in the other room.

I've been trying to change my IP all day, by doing a factory reset on both my modems. My router and the main modem which everything is connected to in the house and nothing has worked.

I have tried a bunch of other things like pulling out my RJ cord and waiting a couple minutes and it will not change.

When I factory reset any of my router/modems my wireless internet goes out and I have to re set it up and it's annoying.

I have a DHCP, but my IP never changes no matter what.

Comcast is my ISP, btw.

Any ideas?

BTW - Anyone that finds a solution I will send $20 paypal.

Comcast does not allow you to change IP. You have to contact them to get it changed.

It all depends. Comcast is very stingy when it comes to IP change requests. The reason. It isnt cheap to keep giving out new IP addresses every day when people request it. It costs them a large sum of $$ to purchase a specific set of IP ranges for use. They maybe close to the max number of users and can not supply you with a new one within their range.

So you have to come up with a real good reason why. Even saying your being stalked is hard to get a new IP for that reason now.

Well, I am IP banned from Battle.net for 2 weeks and don't want to sit it out..

So, are you saying I am most likely screwed?

OMG, another one of you who are trying to get a new IP. STOP IT ALREADY! You got banned for a reason, don't try to circumvent the system. I don't think you will find more help here about the new IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom