Multiple Wireless Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiteyyyyy

Baseband Member
I have a pretty big house with a bucha cable things in the wall and routers the only problem is I need another modem for a second WiFi router but i dont want to pay teh cable ppl an extra $2000 a month for another modem. What should i do, thats legal.

Rather than use the second router as a gateway, why not use it as just an access point? Put the router in a place where it can get a signal from the gateway router, and it will extend the range of the network. On the Access point router, be sure to disable DHCP, or you will run into problems.

Can you better describe what the 'buncha cable things' are in the wall, and also, how many routers do you have now? How large is the area that you are trying to privide wireless signal to?

Unless it is specifically rated as a Wi-Fi range extender, I believe you'll have to run a cable to the second router. But, its easier than running multiple cables over the entire house.

Ok sounds good so far. So can i just go to best buy and buy a WiFi extender, can sumone send me a link? Id rather not have to drill hoels through the celings and run cables through my house.
Thx in adv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom